Monday, August 18, 2014

Ork Big Mek on Bike: First time with Tentacle Maker Tool!

This month I'm adding some new additions to the Hero Holder line. New products are always a great opportunity to work on models that I haven't had time for. The neglected model for this project was an Ork Big Mek. The new Ork Codex lets me add a custom force field and also puts the Big Mek on a bike! With Bubblechukka parts from the Mek Gunz kit, I built the custom force field generator on the back of the bike. It looked cool but I wasn't completely sold on it. But time caught up to me and I needed to leave for the Bay Area Open (BAO) so I set the model aside until I returned.
Luckily, I ran into Rich from Green Stuff Industries at the BAO, the creator of the Tentacle Maker Tools. The tool allows you to roll modelling putty into different sizes of tentacles or cables. I've seen this product before on the internet but seeing it in person is even more impressive. With my new tool in hand, I had the key to unlock my creative block for the Big Mek.
The tool is easy to use, you just have to experiment with the amount of putty you need to make the size you want. You form your putty, (preferably green stuff) into a worm like shape an press and roll the putty between the tool. Once I was satisfied with the size of my cables, I ran them throughout the force field generator and even connected one to the back of the Big Mek's head. The power cables running about the force field generator was just what the Big Mek needed.
This was a great addition to my Big Mek and tool kit! The level of customization I was able to create with the tentacle tool, makes the Big Mek a great piece to show off my new Biker Hero Holder!
Go to greenstuffindustries.com for tutorials, blog and webstore for the Tentacle Maker Tool.

1 comment:

  1. Your Big Mek looks great, monkeydogworkshop! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete