Friday, January 16, 2015

Project: Dread Mob 2015

Last year was full of sporadic painting on everything and anything in my collection. The overall accomplishments cannot be seen on the tabletop. This year I've decided to focus my painting between one 40k army and Mechanical Warhorse Terrain. The two selections will go hand-in-hand helping me flesh out models for the tabletop and give good photography opportunities to feature products.

The winner this year will be my Orks! An army that didn't get allot of attention in 2014 and needs some now to bring it up to pace with the recent Codex and supplement releases. My starting point is the Dread Mob formation from the WAAAGH! Ghazghkull Codex supplement. My seventh edition orks contained allot of trucks and small units of boyz to ride along inside. The units of boyz can merge together to create the bigger mobs and Dread Mob will be added to thunder across the board with them.

I started this project with an inventory of Dreadnought models and divided them up into what I need to assemble and paint. Working back and forth between assembly and painting works well for me with my work and family schedule. It also gives me a chance to look at my paint scheme and make sure I don't wander from it or need to change it. With inventory and a plan in hand I'm going to get started by assembling the Gorkanaut.

I'll be posting progress reports on painting, army inventory, progress and especially kit-bashing and conversions.